Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3707 - 08/15/14 09:42 PM The Ladies Of Old Town
kinkybootbeast Offline

Loc: Philadelphia PA U.S.A.

Speaking of girl gangs how about the Ladies of Old Town? I admit to being a huge Sin City fan. In fact I am about half way through reading Frank Miller's "Big Damn Sin City" omnibus. It's a big damn book alright. I almost threw my back out carrying it home from the post office! Can't wait for the new film "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For"

Edited by kinkybootbeast (08/15/14 09:49 PM)

#3708 - 08/15/14 10:17 PM Re: The Ladies Of Old Town [Re: kinkybootbeast]
kinkybootbeast Offline

"Deadly little Miho
She doesn't quite cut his head off
She makes a Pez dispenser out of him..."

#3727 - 08/18/14 10:15 PM Re: The Ladies Of Old Town [Re: kinkybootbeast]
MistressVeronica Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Great point, kinkybootbeast!

I love Frank Miller. His Batman stuff is the shit. I have never read his Electra, but hear it is great. He is my favorite comic book writer besides Alan Moore.

Great suggestion.

xoxo.

#3731 - 08/19/14 09:23 AM Re: The Ladies Of Old Town [Re: MistressVeronica]
kinkybootbeast Offline

Thanks Mistress Veronica! Great to hear from another comic book/graphic novel enthusiast! I love Frank Miller's artwork. I am especially fond of his black and white technique illustrating Sin City. Little dashes of color (red lips and icky yellow bastards) jump out at you from the page. In reading the graphic novels it becomes clear that director Robert Rodriguez used Miller's work as a story board for the film practically frame by frame. They collaborated closely on both the first and the second
Sin City films. Rosario Dawson is such a sexy badass
In the role of Gail. I crush I crush!

Now you have me thinking about going back and reading the Frank Miller Batman issues. Lovely speaking with you on this topic! smile

Best

kbb

#3735 - 08/19/14 09:29 PM Re: The Ladies Of Old Town [Re: kinkybootbeast]
Ms Regan Black Offline
www.MsReganBlack.com

Loc: New York City / Buffalo

Hi, kbb-

While I'm not a huge FM fan, I do appreciate his B&W style and even collected SC for a time back in the day.
Trailers for the upcoming movie are quite visually appealing.

-MRB

#3737 - 08/20/14 06:22 AM Re: The Ladies Of Old Town [Re: Ms Regan Black]
kinkybootbeast Offline

Hi Ms. Black:

Very cool that you collected SC back in the day! I waited for the omnibus and bought it all at once but I must say that Big Damn Sin City is extremely large! Forget reading it on the train. I can hardly read it comfortably in bed! It is a thing of beauty though...

I am also excited about the upcoming film! It looks really good. There was an interesting article about Frank Miller in The New York Times over the weekend. Apparently he is far more involved in the film making process than I even realized. He and Rodriguez basically co-directed both films.

Best

kbb

#4126 - 11/16/14 07:48 PM Re: The Ladies Of Old Town [Re: Ms Regan Black]
MistressVeronica Offline

I collected Sin City back in the day as well. I think I might have a few laying around somewhere. At least, I hope I do. I know I have a few issues of Death, and also Angela (from The Spawn series-- it sucks though).

xoxo.

#4127 - 11/16/14 07:51 PM Re: The Ladies Of Old Town [Re: kinkybootbeast]
MistressVeronica Offline

Yes, Miller essentially invented his own genre. Preacher, which I think was also put out by Dark Horse Comics was one of my favorites as well. Very disturbing, very dark. Garth Ennis, Frank Miller, Alan Moore-- all wonderful.

Have not recently read Preacher, but I bet it holds up.

xoxo.

#4144 - 11/23/14 09:41 AM Re: The Ladies Of Old Town [Re: MistressVeronica]
kinkybootbeast Offline

Hi Ms. Veronica:

I will have to take a look for Preacher. I enjoyed the movie but I am sure the graphic novel is better.

I finally saw "Sin City 2 - A Dame To Kill For" and am sorry to say I was a bit disappointed. Unfortunately it wasn't nearly as good as the first film. Eva Green was outstanding as Ava and the story she was featured in ("A Dame to Kill For") was by far the best part of the film. Unfortunately "Sin City 2" fell flat when it brought back storylines from the first film featuring Bruce Willis, Jessica Alba et al. Miller should have stuck with telling Sin City yarns that weren't covered in the first movie . Some of the visuals were striking though. At least it was up to par in that department! smile

Best

kbb

Edited by kinkybootbeast (11/23/14 09:42 AM)

#4170 - 12/01/14 09:12 PM Re: The Ladies Of Old Town [Re: kinkybootbeast]
MistressVeronica Offline

I LOVE Eva Green. One of my guilty pleasures is Penny Dreadful, so enjoy her immensely in that.

Yeah, I didn't see Dame because I heard it got terrible reviews and my time is too precious nowadays to waste two hours on something that is not completely awesome. I do like the style of how those movies are shot though.

xoxo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MistressVeronica, Mme Katorga 
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays

AllStarDoms