Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4638 - 07/07/15 09:59 PM Playing after surgery
mrpotatohead Offline

Loc: USA
This one came completely out of nowhere, but last week I ended up in the hospital having emergency surgery to remove the gall bladder. I definitely would not play at this moment as the right side under the ribcage fells like it got kicked in by a horse.. How much time should I give it before it is safe to play again, a month, 6 weeks? I am into heavy impact play in session. Anyone have experience with this type of surgery before? Thanks.

#4639 - 07/09/15 06:40 PM Re: Playing after surgery [Re: mrpotatohead]
MayaSinstress Offline

Loc: Chicago, Il
I would recommend asking your doctor when you can go back to doing heavy cardio and working out. That would be a good estimate as to when you can start playing again. I'm assuming you don't want to confess to your doctor your kinky side. Even then, you should approach it at a slow pace.

Good luck in your recovery.

Miss Maya Sinstress

#4643 - 07/22/15 05:43 PM Re: Playing after surgery [Re: MayaSinstress]
mrpotatohead Offline

Hi Ms. Maya, thank you. A week after the operation I met with the doctor who did the surgery. He suggested over the next few weeks to gradually increase physical activity 20-30 percent each week until I am back to where I was before the surgery. I did not mention BDSM.

But, that was before I ended up again back in the ER; this time for a second round of surgery to remove stones from the bile duct, and were not detected the first time. Very painful, in a bad way, and also wreaked havoc with the liver. After two separate surgeries, and a third hospitalization due to a complication from the first one, and all within just a few weeks, I think I will take it easy and not push anything for at least a month, most likely two months...

For the second operation the shoved a tiny camera down my throat and into the stomach area. So glad I was not awake to experience any of that; I'll take a dental gag over something like that anytime.

#4644 - 07/24/15 07:32 AM Re: Playing after surgery [Re: mrpotatohead]
Ms Regan Black Offline
www.MsReganBlack.com

Loc: New York City / Buffalo

Yikes!!

Yes, do take it easy. Two months sounds like a good idea.

Sending good wishes your way for a smooth recovery
-MRB

#4648 - 07/27/15 12:24 AM Re: Playing after surgery [Re: mrpotatohead]
mrpotatohead Offline

Thanks Ms. Regan! Still sore but feeling alot better than before the last time I went in. I am definitely going to take it easy for a couple of months to let everything heal and not push anything.

#4672 - 09/06/15 08:52 PM Re: Playing after surgery [Re: mrpotatohead]
Ms Regan Black Offline
www.MsReganBlack.com

Loc: New York City / Buffalo

Hi, mrpotatohead-

How are you doing?

-MRB

#4681 - 09/16/15 12:38 AM Re: Playing after surgery [Re: Ms Regan Black]
Mistress Wynter Offline

Loc: New York, NY
I was thinking the same thing, Regan. Do tell, MPH! I hope you are well.

#4689 - 09/22/15 08:24 PM Re: Playing after surgery [Re: Mistress Wynter]
mrpotatohead Offline

Thanks much! I'm doing much better. One would think that after three times in the hospital in a short period of time, much of that unpleasant and intense at times, all my medical fetishes would have been extinguished.... But I'm starting to get a "jones" to play again.. grin The second time I went in, for an intestinal blockage related to the first surgery, I actually had to get an enema. But in this context there was nothing at all erotic about it and more embarrassing, though the nurse was cute.

I'm also finally getting my teeth fixed from an accident a couple of years ago, and recently had six root canals performed over the last couple of weeks. I guess that proves that I *am* a masochist, lol.

#4761 - 12/09/15 02:05 AM Re: Playing after surgery [Re: mrpotatohead]
mrpotatohead Offline

As far as the teeth go, it has just basically sucked, and not in a good way. I hope this picture doesn't scare anyone-I have no desire to shoot myself in the teeth or head, but the sentiment from the pic would imply more quicker results, much less expense, and maybe much less pain, than going through the dental procedures...?? But I happen to like breathing, so that one is out.

After getting fitted with permanent crowns last week, they all all had to come off earlier this week and replaced with temps after I accidentally swallowed a permanent one last week (at over $1k per tooth the most expensive meal I have had..). Ouch!

The permanent crowns should be put back in as best and corrected within a couple of weeks..

I also do not physically see very well but that is beside this point...

And I could use a good gagging and flogging smile

#4780 - 01/03/16 05:39 PM Re: Playing after surgery [Re: mrpotatohead]
mrpotatohead Offline

There is an x-mas song about a kid wanting his two front teeth. Three weeks ago I was fortunate enough to have six replaced. Happy 2016 everyone!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
1 registered (lukaC4S), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays

AllStarDoms