Topic Options
#4888 - 05/27/16 04:51 PM Ghostbusters, please don't suck.
MistressVeronica Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Here is the latest trailer. Watch, rinse, repeat. Discuss.

Lady Ghostbusters

#4890 - 05/28/16 03:30 PM Re: Ghostbusters, please don't suck. [Re: MistressVeronica]
Soapy Offline

Loc: USA,USA
The trailer looks good. The gender flip thing sounds interesting. In the past, I was pleasantly surprised by the Battlestar Galactica reboot.

However, so many cheap ripoff reboots and reboots in disguise ( *cough* the latest Star Wars ) have come out lately that I have been forming a "Just Say No" policy to reboots of already quality originals.

I'm probably going to bypass the new Star Trek movie this summer. That was something *unthinkable* to me when I was younger.

That is a whole other rant, but in brief J.J. Abrams is a hack IMHO and all of his stuff turns into one long chase scene. Not much hope with the producers of Fast and Furious replacing him.

I'll let myself out.....

- Ms. Regan Black

#4893 - 05/28/16 04:06 PM Re: Ghostbusters, please don't suck. [Re: MistressVeronica]
MistressVeronica Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Yeah, I remember the hate-nerd backlash when it was revealed that Starbuck would be female. Man, did she show them! I love BSG so much.

I thought that Star Wars was okay. But then I wasn't expecting much. I really, really liked that the hero was a woman- obvi. Groundbreaking and all that. There is the inevitable hate-nerd backlash against that as well (Oh, how does she know how to fight and fix a ship, and blah blah-- shit they'd NEV-errr think to ask if a man had been cast in the part).

I am not a huge JJ Abrahms sycophant, I've never seen Lost, and only one of his Star Treks (Into Darkness, which I thought was a scathing commentary on the government) but I think he does well. Maybe not great, but well. Also, doing a Star Wars movie for DISNEY? You know he had to have execs breathing down his neck to fix that, tweak this, make that more marketable, etc. So, considering all the bullshit and all the bullshit hype, I thought it was pretty good.

I had high hopes for Ghostbusters because Paul Feig created Freaks and Geeks (which I love love love), which also has really strong female characters. If you've seen it- think about it- it really is just about the Linda (forgetting her last name) character. But I think it will be average.

But not everything can be Mad Max.

#4894 - 05/28/16 06:01 PM Re: Ghostbusters, please don't suck. [Re: MistressVeronica]
Soapy Offline

Originally Posted By: MistressVeronica
Yeah, I remember the hate-nerd backlash when it was revealed that Starbuck would be female. Man, did she show them! I love BSG so much.

I'm glad I missed it at the time. The only bit of it I got was an article by Sackaloff how Dirk Benedict was originally excited about the new series and meeting her,but for some reason his attitude inverted. He got very offended that his character was gender flipped. Having read his biography/health book I think he always knew he was a C list actor and Starbuck was one of his prized roles next to the A Team.

Quote:

I thought that Star Wars was okay. But then I wasn't expecting much. I really, really liked that the hero was a woman- obvi. Groundbreaking and all that. There is the inevitable hate-nerd backlash against that as well (Oh, how does she know how to fight and fix a ship, and blah blah-- shit they'd NEV-errr think to ask if a man had been cast in the part).

Nothing compared to people flipping out that a stormtroopoer was cast with a black actor. OMG, I thought the world was going to end smile.

Quote:

I am not a huge JJ Abrahms sycophant, I've never seen Lost,

It was a combo fantasy show & soap opera, but it was very good. As you probably heard, as good as the series was the series finale, the conclusion was terrible. A high school creative writing class could have done better.

We will have to disagree about Abrams smile.

Quote:

I had high hopes for Ghostbusters because Paul Feig created Freaks and Geeks (which I love love love), which also has really strong female characters. If you've seen it-

I haven't, maybe I will give it a try once Game of Thrones finishes for the season.

- Ms. Regan Black

#4920 - 07/17/16 01:57 PM Re: Ghostbusters, please don't suck. [Re: MistressVeronica]
Ms Regan Black Offline
www.MsReganBlack.com

Loc: New York City / Buffalo

Hi, V-

Looking forward to seeing Ghostbusters. Plus, AbFab is coming out next week!

-MRB

#4922 - 07/18/16 07:56 PM Re: Ghostbusters, please don't suck. [Re: MistressVeronica]
Soapy Offline

- Ms. Regan Black

#5012 - 10/19/16 06:24 AM Re: Ghostbusters, please don't suck. [Re: MistressVeronica]
Soapy Offline

This "honest trailer" recently came out.

"Honest Trailers" is a youtube satire channel that does realistic sounding trailers that sum up the movie in a very "bottom line"/"honest" way.

It was lukewarm about the movie, but it really ripped into the people overreacting about and hating on the movie. It is worth watching for that. The criticism of the over the top criticism if you will.

https://t.co/EXfQhPbUmR

- Ms. Regan Black

Moderator:  MistressVeronica, Mme Katorga 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays

AllStarDoms